Monday, August 27, 2007

Halloween progress

We worked on a bunch of different projects this weekend.

We painted and detailed 14 new tombstones.

Created the first of 2 skeleton frieze for the alcoves.

Put together the new mudmen skull faces.

Repaired the old oblisk

Built 3 new foam monument structures. One is the new pillar for the talking head.

Made some progress on the hearse but not as much because of the other projects that got done instead.

Monday, August 20, 2007

More project status

Did a bunch of little things this weekend.

Got the roof on the Hearse and started putting the foam on the sides.

Built 3 monster mud frames. 2 with pointing arms and 1 with both arms up to hold something?

Started working on the skeleton frieze that will go in the alcoves of the Cathedral. Just 80"x36" piece of plywood with a 2" foam covering glued down around the edges. We will then carve out a space for the skeleton and then screw him to the plywood and then build up around him to make it look like he was carved out.

We also did some tombstone carving and carved a sign to add to our Davis Graveyard sign next month.

Monday, August 13, 2007

We saw Eddie Izzard!

We drove up to Seattle Sunday afternoon and saw Eddie Izzard our favorite british comedian play to a sold out crowd. Eddie is the star of the new series on FX called the Riches. You might also know him from the Oceans 11,12,13 movies.

We had a great time and afterwards had food and drinks at a neat little bar and then stayed at a little hotel right around the corner from the Seattle Rep Theater. We got up the next morning and had breakfast at a little place down the street and then headed home.

It was worth the trip!

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hearse progress

I cut some drainage pipe for the corners of the box and started working on the carriage. I laid the wheels up to it to see how it is going to look.

I Built a simple model of the hearse to give me some idea of the size and demensions.

Thursday, August 02, 2007


We have been working on a project for a while to cast the front half on one of the Big Skulls we bought for several new mud men we are working on.

We covered the skull in rubber and created a plaster mold for it. We have now started casting some skulls.

We covered the jaw in dragon skin and poured a jaw but it was too expaned. We got some figerglass resin and have created a hard cover for the mold to keep it from expanding.

The Hearse

We cut out wheels out of 2" pink foam last week and Mr. Reid and worked hard at shaping them. They look pretty good.

I spent some time working on the back cabinet for the Hearse. It has a 1/4" plywood base that will be covered in 1" pink foam.