Saturday, June 03, 2006
Molding and Casting
Chris Reid and I worked on molding and casting this week. I bought some RTV rubber from TAP Plastics and we made a mold of a Bucky Skull with the jaw. We used Plaster of Paris to make an outside cast for the rubber mold and then used rigid foam to make the first head. We then poured another with self-skinning foam. The both came out great. We need to work on our mixing amounts so we get enough in the mold but not too much. Tony helped us out our first day and provided telephone support when we had questions. We are now making a mold of a skull without the jaw and then casting the jaw separately.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment